Due to transferable job or for various other reason we move from one place to another. If you are living in Mumbai then you have to change your house in every 11 month unless your Landlord renew agreement. So if you are moving within city or other city transfer of your Saving bank account from your previous city to current city is hassle. I am writing here the process how you can easily transfer your bank account within your bank. This process is for those who want transfer bank account within city or other city. For this you can apply at home branch in which you have already account or in the branch in which you want your account to transfer. Please note this facility is only available for Saving account and for Current account in some bank. Your account no. will be the same. There is no charge to transfer account from one branch to another. In some bank you have to surrender your passbook, Chequebook, ATM card. Some bank give liberty to use old ATM and Passbook after change in your details.
Which Saving account is not eligible for this facility:
1.Accounts with any lien, for charges
2. if any authority order attachment of property and Saving account freezes for attachment
How to transfer Bank account from one branch to another branch
There are 4 option to transfer your account from one branch to other
If possible, then go to the branch in which you already have an account. Write a application of bank account transfer and give it to bank Manager or concerned person in bank.
Text of Application
I want to transfer my this account no. from this branch to another branch. Mention branch code of new bank. You can check Branch code of bank branches online. Sign it, your signature should match with signature recorded in bank. Give it to manager if he is not busy then your work will done in 10 minute.Then come to home branch and do all the formalities. Like submitting your proof of local address at that branch.
If you don’t have time so you can go to that branch in which you want to transfer your account. Write the application as mention in option 1 above and give it to branch manager ask him to fax this application to that branch in which you have account. He may take 1 day to transfer your account but if you have contact no. of your branch manager then ask him to do it immediately.
Normally bank branch people are reluctant to do this job so you have to force them to do this job. Alternatively you can also fax this application to your old branch.
Write a application, sign it take photo of this application from your Smartphone attach it to mail and send it to branch manager’s email id. Call him and ask him to transfer your account to branch you desire.
One more option is to send your application through post to old branch but you have to follow this vigorously .
The new branch manager may ask you for you address proof document as you have shifted in that area or city. According to RBI rule for your present address now a self certified document is enough. On a plain paper write that you are living at so and so place and now this is your communication address for bank correspondence. Your account no. and other details will be same. There will be no change in your internet banking credentials.
Things to remember for transfer of bank account:
1. Bank will ask proof of new address take this with you. Bank may also ask for any other KYC document. So if you are going to new branch take your original document for KYC
2. Ensure that you have no cheque pending in your old account
3. If you have any ECS request after transfer of account change mandate to new branch
4. In some banks you have to surrender the existing cheque book and unused cheque, ATM and Passbook also.
5. If you want to use your existing ATM card you can use that. The new branch will issue new Passbook and Cheque book. If you want branch will issue you new ATM also
6. If you are changing your mobile no. than update your mobile no to new branch
7. If you are transferring your loan account from one state to another state and there is difference in stamp duty between state then you have to pay that also.
So save your time because it took me 4 visits to a branch to transfer my account within city.