Many people feel that making a Passport is difficult. I am also one of them but recently I have applied online for Passport and completed all the formalities like Police verification. I got my Passport very easily within a month without the help of any agent. Here I am laying a process of how to make a Passport as I have recently experienced it.
If you want to make your Passport first hurdle is address proof document. Now I will list all the documents you required for a fresh Passport. So if you are an adult and applying for Normal Passport you need these documents.
1. Document for your date of birth
2. Document that contain your identity with photo
3. Document for residence address (Residing since last one Year)
4. Nationality proof (Passport officers will verify at Passport Office).
5. Document for Non ECR categories (10th passing certificate is enough)
Note: Remember if your date of birth is after 26/01/1989 then you need compulsory birth certificate.
If you are born before 26/01/1989 then also make your birth certificate. It will many hassles. I will discuss below. How you can make birth certificate.
Document needed for Normal Adult category Passport
Passport officials need your present address. They need proof of only last one year. In last one year if you reside in more than 1 place then clearly mention address of all the places. Your Police verification will be done at all the places that you have lived in the last one year.
If you are residing at your present address since last one year then you need these documents
1. Copy of Water Bill (2 bills – 1 copy of last year’s bill and 1 copy of current months or previous month’s bill)
2. Copy of Telephone Bill (Telephone or post paid mobile bill) (2 bills – 1 copy of last years bill and 1 copy of current months or previous months bill)
3. Copy of Electricity Bill (2 bills – 1 copy of last years bill and 1 copy of current months or previous months bill)
4. 1 yr Bank Statement (with transactions printed or written on your passbook)/ Bank Passbook of running account (PSU Bank means Sarkari bank only, No private bank statement or passbook used as address proof )
For your help I am listing here List of our PSU means Sarkari banks list: (Statement should be at your present address since last one year)
1. Allahabad Bank
2. Andhra Bank
3. Bank of Baroda
4. Bank of India
5. Bank of Maharashtra
6. Canara Bank
7. Central Bank of India
8. Corporation Bank
9. Dena Bank
10. Indian Bank
11. Indian Overseas Bank
12. Oriental Bank of Commerce
13. Punjab National Bank
14. Punjab & Sind Bank
15. Syndicate Bank
16. Union Bank of India
17. United Bank of India
18. UCO Bank
19. Vijaya Bank
20. IDBI Bank Ltd.
21. State Bank of India
22. State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur
23. State Bank of Patiala
24. State Bank of Hyderabad
25. State Bank of Mysore
26. State Bank of Travancore
5. Income Tax Assessment Order
6. Voter ID Card (With Present address )
7. Diary of Gas Connection ( At least 2 receipt are required – One receipt should of be of last year and the other receipt of current year.) (Please keep your Gas diary with You.)
8. Address proof certificate from Government companies on there letter head with seal)
9. Husband or Wife’s Passport Copy (family information should be mentioned), ( if you are applying for Passport than your present address should matches the address written in the spouse Passport)
10. Current and Valid Ration Card ( if you are submitting only ration card then you need to give 1 more proof from this list)
11. For Minors- Mother or Father’s Passport
12. Aadhaar Card ( Please note that if your Aadhaar is less than 1 year old then you need to submit 1 more proof from this list.)
13. Registered Rent Agreement and not the Notarized copy of the agreement if you are living on rent (Please not that your registered agreement should be of more than 1 years)
If you are giving this as a document then Passport officials may ask you for your present and last years electricity or gas bill. Please note keep your owners NOC with you. NOC on Plain paper that I am the owner of this house with this address and says I have no objection in issuing Passport on this address.. Also You might need Society NOC. Ask your society secretary to give you NOC on society note pad. THIS WILL HELP YOU IN POLICE VERIFICATION ALSO )
(For Child): Parents address proof is enough
If you ask me the easiest document, then I will suggest you the proof of gas connection is easiest document. if you are living in a city that’s easy one to get. So please arrange at least one document from the list.
Proof of Birth
Now comes the proof of Birth. For Proof of birth you need
1. Birth certificate this should be issued by Panchayat of local Municipal Authority)
2. School leaving certificate or Higher Secondary School leaving certificate or Certificate of Recognized Boards
3. If you are illiterate or educated only till 5th class then an Notary Affidavit with date and your place of birth
If you want an easy solution and born before 26/01/1989. Then ask your last school to give you your School leaving certificate. I am hopeful that your school will be helpful in issuing you a SLC certificate. Just go and write an application to your principle if you remember till now how to write it correctly .
( I am suggesting this because In some cases your 10th Mark sheet will not suffice. In Police verification, Police also ask for SLC if you don’t have birth certificate).
If you don’t want any problem in your proof of birth document then I will suggest you to take some pain and apply for your birth certificate.
How to get birth certificate in Madhya Pradesh.
I have the experience of only applying in Madhya Pradesh. This is a cumbersome process but it will benefit you.
Go to your Panchayat or Munciple office and ask that you need a birth certificate for Passport. He may direct you to Tehsil Office. Go to Tehsil office. Contact a lawyer. He will help you in making birth certificate. First of all you need to give an affidavit at Tehsil office that you don’t have the birth certificate with your 10th board mark sheet and one Identity proof. After getting this, the Tehsildar will issue an order to village Panchayat or Munciple office to issue you a birth certificate. Ask your Panchayat sachiv or Munciple office to collect this order from Tehsil and issue you a birth certificate. This process will over in just 2 days. And you will get the birth certificate for rest of your life.
Document for Non ECR category:
If you are 10th pass then your passing certificate is enough for this. If you are not 10th pass then please click below link for more information
1. Apart from these document please carry your Pan card photo copy and original also.
2. If you have any additional document like Aadhaar card or election card please carry that also at Passport office.
3. Apart from your Matriculation Passing certificate please carry your 12th passing certificate and graduation marksheet or any other professional qualification certificate.
4. Your proof of identity and nationality will be verified by the Passport officer.