If you are in hurry and want speedy Passport then you can apply for Tatkal Passport. This scheme is also called out of turn issue of Passport. If police verification is not required then this will be dispatched within 1 working day of your application. In the cases where police clearance required the Passport will be dispatched in 3 days without getting desired police clearance.
Tatkal is good facility but there are certain conditions for this
Who can not apply for Tatkal Passport:
1. Those who born to Indian Parents outside India
2. Those who have granted Citizenship of India
3. Those who repatriated from abroad at Govt cost
4. Those who are deported to India
5. If there is Major changes in Your Name
6. If you are Nagaland residents and if your origin from Naga and you are living outside Nagaland
7. If you are resident of Jammu and Kashmir (If J&K resident is living outside the state beyond 5 years then he can apply)
8. Those children who are Adopted either by Indian Parents or by Foreign Parents
9. Those Children whose parents divorced
10. Those Children whose parents separated but they are not divorced
11. Single Parent Child
12. Cases of renewal of short validity Passport
13. If you lost your Passport or your Passport is damaged or somebody stole your Passport
14. If person have changed his sex
15. If there is change in your appearance
16. If there is change or correction in your date of birth or date of place
17. If there is change in your Parents Name
So if your case fall in these categories then you are not eligible to apply for Tatkal Passport facility.
Documents needed for Tatkal Passport:
You need to provide at least one document from the below list:
1. Copy of Water Bill (2 bills – 1 copy of last years bill and 1 copy of current months or previous months bill)
2. Copy of Telephone Bill (Telephone or post paid mobile bill) (2 bills – 1 copy of last years bill and 1 copy of current months or previous months bill)
3. Copy of Electricity bill (2 bills – 1 copy of last years bill and 1 copy of current months or previous months bill)
4. 1 yr Bank statement (with transactions printed or written on your passbook)/ Bank Passbook of running account (PSU Bank only, No private bank statement or passbook used as address proof )
List of PSU banks list: (Statement should be at addressed to your present address since last one year)
1. Allahabad Bank
2. Andhra Bank
3. Bank of Baroda
4. Bank of India
5. Bank of Maharashtra
6. Canara Bank
7. Central Bank of India
8. Corporation Bank
9. Dena Bank
10. Indian Bank
11. Indian Overseas Bank
12. Oriental Bank of Commerce
13. Punjab National Bank
14. Punjab & Sind Bank
15. Syndicate Bank
16. Union Bank of India
17. United Bank of India
18. UCO Bank
19. Vijaya Bank
20. IDBI Bank Ltd.
21. State Bank of India
22. State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur
23. State Bank of Patiala
24. State Bank of Hyderabad
25. State Bank of Mysore
26. State Bank of Travancore
5.Income Tax Assessment Order
6.Voter ID card ( With Present address )
7. Diary of Gas Connection ( At least 2 receipt are required – One receipt should of be of last year and the other receipt of current year.) (Please keep your Gas diary with You.)
8. Address proof certificate from Government companies on there letter head with seal)
9. Husband or Wife’s Passport copy (family information should be mentioned), ( if you are applying for Passport than your present address should matches the address written in the spouse Passport)
10. Current and valid ration card (if you are submitting only ration card then you need to give 1 more proof from this list)
11. For Minors- Mother or Fathers Passport
12. Aadhaar Card ( Please note that if your Aadhaar is less than 1 year old then you need to submit 1 more proof from this list.)
13. Registered Rent Agreement and not the Notarized copy of the agreement if you are leaving on rent (Please note that your registered agreement should be of more than 1 years)
Proof of Date of Birth:
1. Birth certificate: this should be issued by Panchayat of local Municipal Authority)
2. School leaving certificate or Higher Secondary School leaving certificate or Certificate of Recognized Boards
3. If you are illiterate or educated only till 5th class then an Notary Affidavit with date and your place of birth
Document For Non ECR Category:
If you are 10th pass then your passing certificate is enough for this. If you are not 10th pass then please click below link for more information
Special Documents for Tatkal Passport:
Standard Affidavit (Annexure I):
If you are applying for Tatkal Passport then you need to submit an Notarized affidavit. You need to submit one self attested copy with original affidavit. This affidavit should contain your basic personal details and address. The purpose of this affidavit is to check that any criminal discrepancy should not be found while applying for passport.
To download this affidavit you can click here:
Verification Certificate OR 3 Identity Documents:
For Tatkal Passport you need to submit a verification certificate OR 3 identity documents (listed below ).
Verification Certificate (Annexure F):
This Certificate should be printed on letter head of issuing authority. This certificate will contain your name, date of birth, place of birth, education, profession and present and permanent address. Please note that you have to submit a photocopy, not the original one. This certificate should contain your Photo on it and photo should be attested by issuing authority in such way that half of the stamp and signature should be on photo.
Link to download Verification Certificate:
Who can issue Verification Certificate:
These officials can issue verification Certificate:
1. An Under Secretary/Deputy Secy/Director/Joint Secy Add. Secy/Special Secy /Secy /Cabinet Secretary to Government of India
2. A Director/Joint Secy /Additional Secy/Special Secy/Chief Secy to a State Govt.
3. A Sub-Divisional Magistrate/First class Judicial Magistrate/Additional DM/District Magistrate of the district of residence of applicant.
4. A District Superintendent of Police, DIG/IG/DGP of the district of residence of applicant.
5. A Major and above in the army, Lt. Commander and above in the Navy and Sq. Leader and above in the Air Force
6. The General Manager and above of a Public Sector Undertaking
7. All members of any All India Service or Central Service who are equivalent to or above the rank of an Under Secretary to the Government, i.e. with Grade pay of Rs.6,600/- and above.
8. Resident Commissioners/Additional Resident Commissioners of all State Governments based in Delhi.
9. Concerned Tehsildars or concerned SHOs for an appicant staying in the area under his/her jurisdiction.
10. The Chairmen of the Apex Business Organizations, i.e. FICCI, CII and ASSOCHAM in respect of owners, partners or directors of the companies that are members of the concerned Chamber in prescribed form by Passport authorities.
3 Identity Documents:
If you are not able to manage a verification certificate then you can give 3 identity document instead. Please note that names should be same in all three documents otherwise Passport authorities will not accept your documents. One more thing one of these 3 documents should have photo identity proof.
1. Voter ID
2. Photo ID card issued by State or central Govt or Govt Company or Local Body or Stock Exchange Listed Company
3. SC/ST or OBC Category Certificate
4. Freedom Fighter Id card
5. License of Arms
6. Property document like any Patta or Registered Deed
7. Pension document like Pension Book or Pay Order
8. ID card issued by Railway
9. Rations Card
(You have to submit 1 document from above list among 3 document)
10. Birth Certificate
11. Student ID Card issued by Govt recognized institute
12. Driving License (This should be valid and within the jurisdiction of state in which you are applying)
13. Bank Pass book or KCC Passbook or Post Office account book
14. Pan Card
15. LPG connection bill (1 year old and new bill)
16. Adhaar UID Card
Fees of Tatkal Passport:
For Tatkal Paspport (36 Page booklet ) – Rs 3500 ( Rs 1500 application fees + Rs 2000 Tatkal fees)
For Tatkal Paspport (60 Page booklet ) – Rs 4000 ( Rs 2000 application fees + Rs 2000 Tatkal fees)
Police Verification for Tatkal Passport:
In case of Tatkal Scheme police verification is done after issuance of passport. Police will do verification and submit report to passport office. The process of police verification is more or less same as in the case of normal passport. The only difference is in the case of normal passport police verification done before the issuance of passport. I have already written a blog on process of police verification.
(Courtesy: Most of the information is taken from Government of India Passport Website http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/welcomeLink )